Sunday, September 12, 2010

My goals for Engl 213 and this blog

Engl 213

I've been an undergraduate student since 2004. I hold a bachelor's degree in Western Society and Culture with minors in English Literature and Theology. I took some time off in 2007 and 2008 to teach English as a second language at an elementary school here in Quebec. I ended up falling in love with teaching and decided to return to Concordia University to complete another bachelor's degree, this time in Teaching English as a Second Language. I am set to graduate in the spring (2011). Engl 213 comes a bit late for me in my undergraduate studies, but I still think that I have a lot to learn when it comes to writing.
As a student, my goal for this course is to brush up on my academic writing skills and potentially build a stronger foundation for writing academic papers, which can benefit me if I ever decide to pursue graduate studies.
Also, as a future TESL teacher, my goal is to gain some pedagogical insight on how to design and teach a writing course.

This Blog

Since my ultimate goal is to become an English teacher and get my students interested in reading and writing, this blog is dedicated to exploring various issues surrounding literacy education today.

No comments: